The Paleo diet ( short for the Paleolithic diet) is based on how our ancestors ate during the Stone Age approximately 2.5 million years ago. Scientists have ascertained that the hunter-gatherer diet may the healthiest one you can follow. A Paleo diet consists mostly of meat and plants and absolutely no wheat rice or corn. It was the original gluten free diet plan! Paleo eating consisted of low-fat proteins and healthy fats and very low carbohydrates. This is mainly because modern grains were only invented 10,000 years ago. To put it in perspective, we aren’t adapted naturally to process grains and carbs healthfully.
Gluten is a protein that can be found in rye, spelt, barley and wheat, and it can also be found in oats that was processed in factories among other foods that contain gluten. Persons that have celiac disease or other gluten intolerances, are incapable of processing gluten within their bodies; therefore, this will result in nutrient mal-absorption, intestinal blockages, and many other health problems.
Because there has been an increase on the number of persons that have gluten intolerances and the number of persons who are now trying gluten free weight loss diets, manufacturers are now making foods that are contain little or no gluten. Many of these products are substitutes for cookies, cakes and breads, which cannot be eaten when you are on a gluten free diet. Manufacturers of gluten free products, make these products from flour that was made from almonds, coconuts, potatoes or rice. Additional sugars and fats may also be used in these products to ensure that they have a similar taste to the original products. You should be very careful when eating these gluten free products, as due to the fact that they contain higher levels of sugar and fat, they can be detrimental to your gluten free weight loss.
Weight loss only occurs when you consume less calories than you actually burn – even on a gluten free diet!
If you are overweight, you can lose weight by carefully monitoring the amount of calories that you consume, and increasing the amount of physical activities that you do. There are also several foods that are low in calories, as well as gluten free that you can add to your gluten free diet. Foods such as vegetables, fruits, quinoa and brown rice do not contain gluten; therefore, you can make a note of them on your gluten free weight loss plan. Unprocessed proteins such as tofu, eggs, fish and chicken naturally do not contain gluten.
A gluten free diet plan is similar to an ordinary weight loss plan.
For you to lose weight with your gluten free diet, you need to eat a wide variety of fresh vegetables and fruits, you should have two to three servings of lean proteins daily, and you also need to consume three to six ounces of gluten free whole grains on a daily basis. You should also add two to three servings of skim milk or any other source of lean dairy. Ensure that you exercise at least four days of the week, and remember to reduce your intake of sugar, oils and fats. You can consult with your doctor or dietician to ensure that you gluten free diet plan will work for you.
The gluten free diet consists of eating foods that have little gluten content, or that have no gluten at all. Gluten is a type of protein that is found in starchy foods, cereals and grains; however, this protein has been one of the causes of digestive disorders, allergies, weight retention and weight gain. There are several persons that are now trying the gluten free weight loss program, as their health is dependent on a diet that is free of gluten. The following are some gluten free diet weight loss tips that you can use to help you drop the pounds, while you improve your overall health.
To follow a gluten free diet weight loss plan:
- Read labels – Because of the increased popularity of the gluten free weight loss diet, manufacturers know have to specify on their labels whether or not the food contains any gluten. Learning how to read labels will help you to know which foods contain gluten, and which foods do not.
- Eliminate Bread – This should be the top of all the gluten free diet weight loss tips, as bread is a type of starch that contains the most gluten. Gluten is in any type of bread including white buns, rye, English muffins, bagels and even wheat bread. However, today you are able to get substitute products that are gluten free.
- Eliminate Crackers and Cereal – To help you in your gluten free weight loss diet, you need to omit crackers and cereal from your diet. Except for those made with corn, all crackers and cereal contain some amount of gluten. Instead of eating crackers and cereals, you can opt for rice cakes and corn flakes.
- Nuggets and Fish Sticks – You should eliminate a majority of prepackaged foods from your diet, as they contain gluten. Remember that one of the most important gluten free diet weight loss tips is to eliminate breaded foods from your diet. Instead you should eat fish and chicken that are skinless, and that have been baked or broiled.
- Cookies and Cakes – Due to the fact that cookies and cakes are made with flour, they always contain gluten. When engaging in your gluten free diet, you should look for alternatives for cookies and cakes that contain no gluten. Remember that you should always read the labels of the food you buy.
Following a gluten free diet may be the best thing you can do for your health!
A gluten free diet will improve your overall health; however, it should never be mistaken for a diet that s low in carbohydrates, the foods that contain no gluten may not necessarily be low in carbohydrates.